Friday 16 December 2011

Sylvie picked the last remaining flower in the garden and gave it to me.  Kind of tragic, but lovely at the same time.  The garden's still full of colour, lovely red berries on the holy bush, loads of winter jasmine and a few other random things that I don't know the name of but mainly it's just full of mud!  We made some bird feeders the other day, (lard and seeds, yum yum!!!) and I think hanging them outside was the first time we'd been into the garden in well over two months.  If the gate was on it might be more appealing but given Bea's past determination to escape from her home at any given opportunity I'm kind of reluctant to let them out there when there's an open portal into 'another world'... i.e. a gateway without a gate!! 
She hasn't tried to run away for a while... perhaps she's grown out of it or perhaps she's just given up.  I found her crouching behind Brain's greenhouse many a time over the summer...  little tinker!


Today has been ooooohh sooooooooooooo longggggg.  It was Mark's Christmas party.  He promised me that he'd be home by 6pm so I could work.  Of course I knew he wouldn't be!  He arrived home at 7.30, slurring his words, telling me what an excellent afternoon he'd had but importantly of all he brought Chinese food in with him.  I'm now hiding in my bedroom typing away on the lap top hoping that none of the kids come upstairs!!!  Stayyyy aaawayyyyyyyy today has been too long!!!

We haven't actually done anything today - literally, nothing.  Sylvie wasn't dressed until after lunch and I didn't have a shower until 5.30pm.  I think we've all quite enjoyed today though.  No pressure, no pace, just lots of TV and space!  Lovely.   The girls spent ages looking out of the window at the snow.  Yes, it snowed and it was very, very beautiful but it just didn't last long enough to lay down a good covering.  Are we going to have a white Christmas?  I bloomin' well hope so!  I'll be gutted if there's no welly weather.    I hate going out in the snow; I'm terrified of falling over and won't drive the car but still, from the warmth and safety of my own home I LOVE it!!! 

I suppose I'd better go and sort out my work for the weekend.  I need to know what I'm doing and the order I'm going to do it in so that I feel organised and able to crack on first thing.  If I faff about in the morning I won't get the best out of the day so, organisation is the key!  I have got another three carriers to make before Christmas and I just want to finish them off so I can have a bit of a break!  I love sewing, but still, I'd rather spend the Christmas holidays with my family instead of waving them off from the sewing room window! 


                                                                 

2 comments:

  1. H and I sat in Leonards today willing the snow to lie. In the end we gave up, went and bought some yarn for (another) scarf and popped into Houghall for some logs. I've just discovered their cheap logs and keep meaning to mention it to you as I know you found logs for your fire pit to be pricey. They do a big bag, bigger than the ones you see in garages, for £2 and the money goes to support a charity for young people with learning difficulties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read your blog posts about your yarn! It looks smashing!!! it's such a shame there's no snow, I'm gutted! Durham is so pretty in the snow Good to know about the logs - those ones from Homebase cost loads!!!!

    ReplyDelete