Saturday 24 December 2011

Christmas Eve

Two down, one still bouncing, but still that's good going for us.  Bea usually goes to sleep pretty quickly, but not tonight.  I think she's really excited about Santa. 

We've had a lovely day.  We went into Durham and had a potter about then came home, cooked the turkey, read some stories and did some colouring in.  Actually, Mark and the girls did that, I went for a nap!  I woke up feeling like a rancid animal had died in my mouth and remembered why going to sleep during the day is NOT a good idea! 

The girls have sprinkled reindeer dust in the back garden to entice Rudolf and Santa to stop at our house.  They've had a bubble bath and had their hair washed and dried and they're all dressed in lovely festive PJs waiting for the morning to arrive!  I allowed them to open one present from Aunty Emma.  It's a huge tube thing from IKEA that they can climb through.  I have no idea where in our house it's going to fit - I think Emma is delusional about the size of our lounge, but still, the kids LOVE the tube so cheers Emmaline!!!  It kept them busy while I dragged the bags of presents in from the garage to the utility room ready to sort when the kids eventually go to bed, (come on Bea - SLEEEEEPPPPPPP).

I'm dying to eat some Stilton and grapes but all I seem to have consumed today is fat and sugar and I can't help feeling that if I top my guts up with even more of the same then I might be ill!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment