Tuesday 6 December 2011

Back, yet again!

I really must write here more often. I've felt like I shouldn't as I don't have many photos to match my posts but I'm sure that doesn't matter too much!
I've been having a right pang about parenting of late so I'm hoping that this blog will make me see all of the positives and fill me with gratitude for the life we have instead of thinking that perhaps the kids would be better off NOT being at home with me. I know, how mad is that? How ridiculous that a mother should think her children would be better off being looked after by the state for six hours every day...
Here's why...
I'm working really hard, all weekend and most evenings. This means that while I'm out of action Mark has to have sole responsibility for the children. It frustrates me that he's not very organised in his approach towards the kids and that he winds them up then they can't wind down then they end up cross with each other; you know the scenario, it's played out in most households across the country, or that I have no doubt. I think I've taken on too much work wise so next year I'm going to slow things down a bit.
I've done five wrap conversions in the last week and a half. The quality is top notch, I have no worries about that but I still think it's too much. There's no room for any movement! Now if I'd planned, prior to home educating that I would be working lots of hours a week that would be fine but my mission was always to put the children first, not work yet at the minute 'work' is in the forefront of my mind day and night because there's so much to do and so many deadlines to meet.
I'm not complaining... this is my own fault. I take the orders, I manage my time, I agree to deadlines so there's no one to blame but me. I adore sewing, I love making carriers for mamas who are going to really enjoy using them I just need to slow down a bit!!!!

Our FIAR co-op is coming together at my place this morning and I'm really looking forward to it. We didn't meet up last Tuesday. We were going to go to a mamas house to do an Advent Spiral but the weather was dire so it didn't work out. I wonde if we could do a quick improvised one in our back garden this arvo!!! You never know, do you!
We're going to the Botanic Gardens in the morning then it's the children's Christmas party on Thursday afternoon. Thursday evening I'm going to Emma's house to wrap Christmas pressies and have a jolly time with lots of stinky cheese! Woooo hooooo, can't wait. It's such an exciting time of year. I love having children!

No comments:

Post a Comment