Friday 23 April 2010

Slow

We've had a slow, ordinary kind of day today.
Yesterday was fab and physically quite tiring. We went to Gibside with my dad. We left the house intending to go to Chopwell Woods, however, we took a wrong turn and couldn't right ourselves so, Gibside it was.
Sylvie and Bea loved it and I loved watching them have such a good time! Wide open spaces, grass, flowers, hills, woods, what else could two little girlies need? Annabelle slept most of the time. She was just hanging around in the sling being a gorgeous little baby! All good.

Today we again tried to find Chopwell Woods and although we succeeded, Bea just couldn't be bothered to walk very far. Poor Annabelle still isn't right either. I've been washing her bum with chamomile tea and lavender oil and have put some anti septic on her belly button and under her neck but really, she's in a right state. Babies are not clean little bundles of hygene are they!!!! Sick, generally scuzzy skin issues and lots of snot make up quite a bit of babyhood in our house. Ooooo, but so fantastic all the same. I love my little girls, no matter how foisty they have the potential to become...

I showered with Annabelle this morning to try and soothe her sore patches but really I've probably just made them dry out any more. She's scratching like a tom cat when ever her nappy comes off. I'm sure things will be fine. Since using the chamomile tea and lavender she doesn't look quite so red.

The Tyne and Wear home ed group were planning to meet at Cullercoats Beach this morning but it's too far for us to go at the minute with an unhappy, uncomfy baby. Once her bum's sorted I'm sure we'll be back to business as usual!

I want to find some where beautiful, wide open, away from all traffic and totally natural yet accessible! Durham is a fantastic city but where we live is miles away from my ideal of childhood freedom. The country side/accessible wild land is always a drive away.

Oooo, here comes Bea, crying for me. Mark's downstairs with the girls but it must have gone a bit wrong.

Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment