Sunday 11 March 2012

The last couple of months seem to be weighing heavy on some friends. Money worries, redundancy, poorly relatives and decissions to be made with far reaching consequences. I'm glad that here, at Chez Gibson there is no great drama at the minute! Things are ticking over nicely and we're all doing OK - I think we're very blessed indeed!!! What have we been up to? Well, there's 'the usual' - numerous trips to the Wetlands Centre and the Botanic Gardens which we all adore and can't get enough of. Meetings with friends, old and new and also with some new mamas who've helped to make the home ed gene pool a bit bigger! One of the mamas has eight children!!! I'm pleased to say that at least one of them is a girl of a similar age to Sylvie. I don't think boys and girls can't be friends, I just think that it would be nice for Sylvie to have a female friend with whom her intrinsic feminine based instinctive play can be shared. She's not into Lego and I have the impression that Lego is a universal passion shared by all young boys - probably the precursor to football. Sylvie and the boys play really well together when they're outside chasing each other, mock fighting, playing 'tag' or hide and seek, but it's the more intimate, quiet space that she doesn't share with them. I have no worries about Bea. I'm not sure that Bea realises other children exist. She's got no interest in other kids at all. She is a law unto herself and she's very happy to live that way so who am I to worry?? She's fine - she's just a bit quirky!!!! We've been looking at the Delightful Learning blogspot quite a lot lately which has proved really inspirational. We've done a fab project on the Universe, (I know, a huge subject, but we managed to condense it down to a bit of art and copy work!), a bit of work on frogs, (with the help of the Wetlands Trust) and we're now rowing Peter Rabit, which is going to help us plan and plant our back garden. I've been collecting egg cartons to use as seed pots and can't wait to start putting them to good use. Sylvie's still reading Peter and Jane books - begrudgingly. She's also doing a little bit of writing but she doesn't really like it so I'm not going to push it. OOh, the best thing that's happened over the last couple of weeks? The delivery of our new, 288cm long table! Wooo hooo, I love it and it's made life much easier. i'm off for now... MArk's having some kind of fit over dinner. Time to save the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment