Thursday 22 March 2012

Sewing

I've decided to take a break from sewing, and I feel good about the decission. I've been working literally all weekend for the past year and it's as if Mark and I have had seperate lives. I know this isn't a rare family set up, however, my profit from last year, (taking into account the dip in tax credits due to my working) was less than £1000 and really, we can cope without that money... it's going to be tight, but we can do it. I need to find something that brings a high profit without taking every waking hour. Some days I think of nothing but work. It's started to come before the children, before my house, before my husband and I feel run down and sad! I still have my sewing machine and all of my supplies so it's not like I have to give up forever, just for a while until I figure out what's what and how I feel about things. I've always, always wanted to write a book. Perhaps that will be the next adventure?

5 comments:

  1. Oh, and here I was, hoping you were going to take up tarot reading....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, eee hey. You never know, I may be inspired by 'the one with two names'....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure the cards would lead you to the right identity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol I was going to suggest tarot reading.
    A very brave decision (the sewing) but when it was taking so much mental as well as physical energy up, it seems healthy to have a break from it.

    ReplyDelete