Wednesday 21 November 2012

A Happy Sigh and a Smile

What a lovely morning. Today has been the kind of day that I class as 'good'.
There hasn't been any 'schoolwork' as such, (though judging by what I saw on a visit to the local school I'm kind of pleased about that!) but there has been lots of learning! I feel so proud and happy, relaxed and thankful. I need to trust my children more. I need to trust that they will chose what is right for them and that they will not grow up to be illiterate.
Anyway, the ins and outs of that comment are for another post, probably one where I have use if the lap top.

Sylvie has been learnt to sew. She spent about two hours, maybe less, sewing and singing and actually ENJOYING herself. I find it so hard to find new things that she wants to do but this small project, with huge implications for future activities, has really tickled her fancy!



Bea has been drawing and telling stories....


... And helping me to make play dough!


From this....


... to this in about eight minutes!



I dug the aqua beads out this morning too but they were a bit of a flop. Oh well!


I have been really under the weather since Friday with a painful case of Sinusitis. The girls were with their grandparents Monday and yesterday so it feels like today is the first time I've had with then in ages!
Still feeling rough but not half as bad as I was!

1 comment:

  1. Great minds - we made playdough today too! I am going to try a festive sewing craft with Harry in December to see what he makes of it!

    ReplyDelete