Wednesday 4 January 2012

Boobaholic in remision?

I'm a bit worried that Annie might be going off my boobs, or should I say 'boob' considering she only ever feeds from one side?  She used to want to feed CONSTANTLY...  no exaggeration, but now she's really slowing down and I'm a bit gutted, though also relieved!  What a contradiction eh!
She just had a mini feed the latched off and said 'milk', (or, milch) whilst pointing to the kitchen.  She wanted some cows milk in a cup!!!  Nooooooooooooooooo what's wrong with my boobies!!!!!!!  Oh, hang on, she's just started to slap my boobs and say 'mine'...  I think I may have gotten the wrong end of the stick

No, she's gone off to watch a bit of tele.

Anyway...  today has been lovely.

We got up, got ready then did a bit of circle time and had our sheep and wolf story.  The girls are really into it and they love the props.  Sylvie tends to be the sheep, the sun and the moon and Bea is fixed on being the wolf.  They really enjoy having a bit play with the props are joining in.

After circle time we gathered our 'props' into a silk and headed to the Botanic Gardens to meet a couple of friends and their little ones.  What a windy, wet, cold but lovely morning!  The good coffee at the Botanics is always a bonus.  The boys and girls had a good run around and thoroughly enjoyed themselves while the mamas chatted and drank coffee!
We headed into the greenhouse for a story, (yep, the sheep and the wolf) which was nice, then we came home
Anna was asleep in the car so I put 'The Golden Compass' on TV for Sylvie and Bea and I just relaxed which was lovely.

Mark's at the football tonight and won't be home until about 11.30 so there's just me and the mini ones here to entertain each other this evening. 

All in all it's been a lovely day.
I've no idea what we're doing tomorrow but I'm learning that nothing takes too much planning... not really anyway.  What's the point in stressing about things?  I could send them to school if I wanted to stress.  I really need to learn to slow down and take one step at a time keeping expectations realistic and goals manageable.  Life is sweet!!!!!! 

One thing I am a bit highly strung about is Bea's weight.  She's a big girls.  She's just turned four and she has boobs.. yes, this post is boob obsessed, but it's the truth.  She doesn't eat a horrendous amount.  Yes, I could make changes to her diet but not major ones.  I think the big problem comes from her lack of movement.  She's just not active at all.  She's very much 'in her head' and not 'in her body'.  As an overweight child and an overweight adult I know all too well the pitfalls of being big and I don't want that for her so I need to come up with a plan, one that will work and won't leave her overweight and unhealthy.  I need Mark to be fully on board with this - I think he's going to be central to her actually going out and doing some exercise.  She doesn't run around and play with the other kids, she's just not interested, she sits and plays with her toys/bits of stuff that she picks up like flowers and grass and things.  I want him to take her out every evening either before or after tea for a run 'round the block!  We'll see how it goes.  One day at a time, eh!

No comments:

Post a Comment