Saturday 6 August 2011

Poxy Pox

Well, now I know why Bea was so miserable yesterday and we know why Mark's been feeling very unwell, oh yes, they've both got the pox!

I saw Mark's back this morning and couldn't believe it - loads and loads of spots. He turned over and I saw his face then reality struck - THE POX.
Bea was up really early. She pottered around downstairs then came up to find me so I could make her a marmite sandwich. She was fine at this point. Half an hour later when I looked at her, low and behold, THE POX!!!!

Sylvie and Annabelle came down with chicken pox a couple of weeks ago. I thought they'd be ill, moping around the house, crying, unhappy, itchy, however, there was none of that! They were spotty, miserable before the spots came out but then just totally fine, though perhaps a bit more tired than usual. I have a feeling that Bea will be a different kettle of fish because she's going to scratch. Her poor little face is covered in spots... she's even got them on her eyelids. ~Her backside is like an ode to chicken pox, totally covered.

Mark feels dreadful. He's had/has a fever and he's couging all the time. His ribs hurt, his lymph glands are working major overtime and causing him pain and he just looks awful. His face is like a teenagers nightmare, covered in red, sore spots... literally, covered. Of course, I'll be taking photos when I can!

Anna's asleep on my shoulder, Sylvie's staying at dad's house and Bea and Mark are upstairs in bed. The end of a long, rainy, spotty day....

No comments:

Post a Comment