Friday 5 April 2013

A Day in Hospital

No pictures to go with this post just yet I'm afraid.  I'll upload some later

We flew to A and E on Tuesday morning.  I thought Annie had downed a bottle of Calpol.  8 hours and several blood tests later and it appeared that neither Annie or Bea had swallowed very much Calpol - they must have poured it all over the floor?

How on earth did they open the bottle???

Bea is a very determined little girl - more so than even I realised.  When they say, 'keep medicines out of the reach and sight of children' they aren't kidding.  I thought it 'was' out of reach and sight, but when you're Bea and you pull a chair up to the bench then put a child's chair ON the bench nothing in the cupboards is out of sight.  Once you have the Calpol and you prise the child proof white plastic bit off the top there's only a screw top underneath - nothing for Bea!  This did not pose a problem to her what so ever.

Where was I when this happened?

I was in the shower washing my hair.  Blissfully unaware

A and E was an adventure for them and the children's ward even more so!  The playroom was FANTASTIC!  The downside was having a canula fitted and being the subject of lots of prodding and poking.

All's well that ends well though, eh?


No comments:

Post a Comment