Wednesday 17 October 2012

Where we are at

I mentioned in my last post that things have been a bit of a struggle of late.
Sylvie has become willfully illiterate. She runs away from me whenever i even suggest doing any reading or writing!!
I think I scared her off before the summer by expecting her to work through workbooks and paper based tasks that left het bored and lethargic. Shes a kinetic learner - I think thats right! She loves moving around and asking her to sit still and work through a book is like torture.
Sooooooooo, this morning I set her tasks that involved her running around like a looney and she was well up for it! We did lots of addition and subtraction mixed with atamping, running and star jumps!
I have download a few new apps onto the Ipad too which have proved a big hit.

All in all, I am trying to relax and let learning happen.

I haven't been eating well or looking after myself which means my energy levels have been/are really low. This must change!! I know that Im not going to give up chocolate any time soon or sweet things but I do intend to make sure I eat a healthy lunch and dinner instead of snacking on crap all of the time.
Onwards and upwards eh!

No comments:

Post a Comment