Friday 19 October 2012

Blueberry Goodness

We have had a great day today with our friend Hayley and her two boys. She put loads of effort into planning a ROW of Blueberries for Sal and everyone thoroughly enjoyed it!

Hayley read the book to her captive audience then talked about bears and where they live in the world and about where, when and why animals hibernate. Sylvie knew more than I thought she did about the world, its climate and why certain animals live in certain places. The gang coloured in some maps then they did some blueberry art!! Hayley spent time cooking up blueberries and turning them into paint, with great effect! The gang coloured some hibernating animals using crayons which acted as a wax resist when the blueberry paint hit the paper. Very effective and imaginative!

We had a delicious lunch which the kids really enjoyed then they got on with a lovely craft activity, an autumn window hanging.

It was a really nice morning and we were all chuffed to be part of it.

The afternoon was about hair cuts and football for Hayley's eldest so me and the girls headed off to Heaton Park which was very pretty under cover of autumn leaves.

The girls scootered all the way to Jesmond Dene before we decided to head home.

Mark and I have friends coming for dinner tonight. Its the first ime we have done this in years but now the girls have started to sertle at a decent time we thought hey, lets go for it!
Ive had a chili in the slow cooker all fay and it looks fantastic. Roll on 8pm so we can at it!

I wish I had some photos to post but I didn't take my camera with me!!

My wine is calling me.........

2 comments:

  1. Great to see you back in the Blogosphere. Keep the posts and pictures coming missus. I've enjoyed having a good nosy round your allotment xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I expect you to pull on your wellies and do some digging come the spring

    ReplyDelete