Wednesday 17 October 2012

Oh wow.

I am so chuffed. Ive just found an ap on the Ipad which lets me blog at a pace that doesn't make me lose the will to live! I find that updating posts with pictures through Blogger on the computer takes forever but this ap is really speedy! Ooohhh, I might just make it here more often!

Its been a mixed few weeks full of ups and downs. I've been contemplating our home ed journey and feeling as though we have been miles off course, however, after visiting a local school last night I can honestly say, with clarity and ease, that home ed is the right thing for us.

I was totally uninspired by the school setting and the girls haven't asked anything about it at all so I presume they werent overly thrilled by it! The classrooms all looked the same. Dull. Drab, pointless things stuck on the walls, crappy plastic toys or the kids to fight over, corners made to look comfy and like home.
Ive just asked sylvs what she thought of the school and her resonse was, 'boring'. So, there you go.

The classrooms seemed really small. Bea's personality almost filled the reception classroom. I cant imagine her being in there for six hours a day with 29 other kids. Its not suprising they all seem so tired and angsty after spending an entire day in such a small place.

We are so lucky to be a home educating family. I hope our circumstances don't change as the thought of my girls in school breaks my heart.
Taken just now. Balancing sweets on their noses.

No comments:

Post a Comment